Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology is located in the Durham Region of Ontario, Canada, with a campus co-located with Ontario Tech University in Oshawa, a second campus in Whitby, a learning site in Pickering, and community employment services in Uxbridge, Port Hope, Port Perry, Beaverton, Oshawa and Bowmanville.
The college opened on September 18, 1967, with 16 portable classrooms, 14 staff and 205 students, offering courses in applied arts, business and technology. The college soon added courses in health sciences and adult training and grew to 1,250 students by its 10th anniversary.
Durham College has two main campuses, located in Oshawa and Whitby, Ontario, and a learning site in Pickering. Uxbridge campus was originally an Ontario Employment Services centre, but the Uxbridge site now has classrooms to offer programs for those planning to upgrade academic skills to enter into college programs.
- Accounting and Finance
- Advertising and Marketing
- Architectural Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Computer Programming
- Culinary Skills
- Dental Assisting
- Electrical Techniques
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Fine Arts
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- General Arts and Science
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality - Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management
- Interactive Media Design
- International Business Management
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Office Administration
- Pharmaceutical and Food Science
- Police Foundations
- Practical Nursing
- Trades Fundamentals
The following applicants may be exempt* from submitting IELTS Academic/TOEFL/PTE Academic scores:
- International students who completed a minimum of three years of full-time secondary or college/university level education in one of the countries where English is an official or the only language of common usage.
- International students who obtain an International Baccalaureate with the medium of instruction in English, and pass in English A from one of the International Schools' members of the Council of International Schools.
- Graduation from Durham College's ELC Program or one of Durham College's English-language partner schools for programs offering conditional admission.
All other students must submit their valid IELTS Academic 6.5/TOEFL 88/PTE 60 Academic scores to International Admissions. Only tests taken in the last 2 years are considered valid.
In preparation of submitting your application, the following information and documents will be required:
- High school (secondary school)diploma with transcripts.
- Post-secondary (college or university) transcript – if applicable.
- Post-secondary (college or university) degree – if applicable.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required).
- Application fee of CAN$100 (non-refundable).
What can we do for you, so that you can start studying at Durham College in Canada?
World.uz – official representative of many higher education institutions abroad. We use the proven technologies of searching for academic programs and successful admission strategies, so our customers do not waste time searching for information and taking extra steps. While we are engaged in your admission, you can continue mastering a foreign language or preparing for exams.
- We give information on studying in Canada for free;
- We select the university, school, courses and academic program;
- We prepare the correct set of documents;
- We send the application to an educational institution;
- We apply for scholarships/grants;
- We help you get a student visa;
- We organize a transfer to the door of the educational institution.
In order to get a free consultation, just fill out the form below and we will contact you during the working days!